DeWalt 16 Gallon DXV16PA
|Tank Capacity||16 gal|
|Cord Length||20 ft|
|Product Height||28.94 in|
|Product Length||19.29 in|
|Product Width||19.29 in|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of DeWalt 16 Gallon DXV16PA:
5 reasons to buy
- Buyers are surprised how powerful this vacuum is, and it will pick up most things without hesitating.
- Some buyers also think it’s quiet, which makes it pleasant to work with on large tasks.
- When going around a large area your attachments are always with you, due to the onboard storage bin. This makes for easy storage of everything you need nearby, when vacuuming a wet or dry surface.
- With its 16 gallon tank, it caters to those in need of a high capacity shop vacuum.
- Most users found it easy to set it up and use it, with easy connecting points and a simple construction.
5 reasons not to buy
- Some buyers point out that it needs replaceable bags to function properly on dry surfaces, and those bags can be expensive, especially if you use it frequently for large amounts of dust, debris or dirt.
- While most users think its build quality is great, a few users think the opposite, and point out the wheels as a weak spot, because they seem cheap and fragile.
- According to some users the vacuum is also difficult to move around when it starts filling up with liquids, as it gets quite heavy, and the small wheels don’t make up for it.
- Some users think it’s a bit cumbersome to wind the cord and hose around the vacuum, and it isn’t possible to quickly remove the coiled cord using a latch or similar, like other models offer. This makes it a bit more time consuming every time you need to pack/unpack the vacuum.
- The way the hose is wrapped around the vacuum makes the canister take up even more storage space, which means you’ll need a very large area at your disposal, to properly store the vacuum.
The DeWalt 16 Gallon DXV16PA is, as the name suggests, a very big wet/dry vacuum. It is suitable for those in need of high capacity, e.g. a workshop, but private homes can benefit from its features as well. The large tank makes it possible to pick up large amounts of liquids or dust/dirt/debris, without having to empty it all the time. However, some users think it gets quite heavy when it’s filling up, and they’re suspecting the wheels might not last a long time, especially if the vacuum is driven around when full. Most users don’t have this issue though, and in general it receives good reviews, especially for being efficient, powerful and easy to use, which are some of the key factors when choosing a wet/dry vacuum this size. Despite its quirks, the DeWalt 16 gallon shop vac is a great purchase for demanding users, but those with limited storage space could probably settle with one of the smaller models.