DeWalt 6 Gallon DXV06P
|Tank Capacity||6 gal|
|Cord Length||10 ft|
|Product Height||19.69 in|
|Product Length||16.73 in|
|Product Width||16.73 in|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of DeWalt 6 Gallon DXV06P:
5 reasons to buy
- Most users agree that it seems very durable, and therefore might last a long time.
- Some buyers also like how quiet it is, as it makes it bearable to use on a daily basis.
- People found the powerful suction great for different purposes, making it both versatile and efficient.
- Buyers were happy to find out how easy it was to assemble, meaning they’d get started with cleaning quickly after receiving it.
- The vacuum is said to easily pick up most things, even large pieces of debris, due to the size of the hose.
5 reasons not to buy
- Some buyers point out that it require bags, if you plan on using it for dry vacuuming. Although these bags are quite big, they are also a bit expensive to replace.
- Some buyers also found the power cord a bit short, and you’ll most likely have to buy an extension cord, if you’re planning on using it on a larger area.
- While larger DeWalt wet/dry vacuums come with onboard accessories storage, this model just has a bag included for external storage.
- There have been a few complaints about the connection point between the hose and inlet, as it seems a bit weak.
- The hose is stored on top of the vacuum using a rubber strap, but according to some users the rubber strap can be a bit hard to handle.
The DeWalt 6 Gallon DXV06P is a cheap wet/dry vacuum with plenty of capacity for the home owner. It is said to work well for both wet and dry vacuuming, although it requires a bag to work properly when dry vacuuming. It is made of polypropylene, but according to several buyers it seems durable and robust enough to withstand a fair amount of abuse throughout its lifespan. It is also said to be quiet and easy to use, which makes it a pleasure to use on a daily basis, e.g. in a workshop, office, or store. Due to the width of the hose, it easily picks up chunks of saw dust, small pieces of wood and similar, without choking. Positives aside, there are a few caveats too: The requirement of bags for dry vacuuming means you’ll have to buy these regularly, if you’re planning on using it primarily for this purpose. Otherwise you might see skies of dust flying from its exhaust as you vacuum. You’ll most likely need an extension cord too, due to the built-in cord being only 10 feet long, but if used in a garage or workshop, this might not be necessary at all. If you’re planning on bringing this vacuum around the house for a cleanup, you’ll have to bring the accessories with you separately. Although they come with a storage bag, it doesn’t attach to the canister, and therefore needs to be carried separately. Although it has a few weaknesses, the DeWalt 6 Gallon DXV06P wet/dry vacuums seems like a great purchase for those in search of a user friendly, versatile, and robust vacuum, and for the price it might even be one of the best models out there.