|Tank Capacity||2 gal|
|Cord Length||-- ft|
|Product Height||17.2 in|
|Product Length||12.3 in|
|Product Width||13.1 in|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of DeWalt DCV580H:
5 reasons to buy
- DeWalt users like the fact that they can use their batteries for multiple tools, including this vacuum, so they don’t have to buy new batteries if they already own one.
- Due to the large amount of attachments available for this vacuum, it is quite versatile and can be used for both private homes and shops.
- The vacuum can go anywhere and used without being plugged in. This makes it very useful for those servicing private homes, but it is also easy to carry around your own home across multiple floors.
- The vacuum is also said to be easy to empty, without causing too big of a mess.
- Some buyers use it to clean their cars too, as it has some useful attachments for this purpose.
5 reasons not to buy
- Some users pointed out the exhaust is located on the same side as the hose connecting point, which means it blows directly towards the area you’re trying to clean.
- Since this is a battery powered vacuum (battery and charger sold separately), it only runs for 20-30 minutes, depending on the battery size.
- It is also said to be less powerful than most regular vacuums.
- Though most users don’t see this as a dealbreaker, it is worth mentioning the filter needs frequent maintenance. Otherwise the vacuum won’t maintain its suction.
- Although most users thought the tank is easy to empty, some dirt is difficult to get out. This is due to the way it’s designed around its edges, which makes it difficult to get it all out at once, without vacuuming or flushing it out with water.
The DeWalt DCV580H is a cordless wet/dry vacuum, which is intended to be used for lighter tasks around the shop, or at your home. It requires a battery and a charger, which is sold separately, but if you already have battery powered DeWalt tools, they might be compatible with the vacuum too. It is said to work well for many different tasks, and it is even possible to buy extra attachments to expand its work areas. Many users like to use it in their car, RV or on their boat, as it is easy to carry and doesn’t require a power cord. One big design flaw worth mentioning, is the exhaust being located at the same side of the vacuum as the hose connector. This causes the vacuum to blow up the dust you’re trying to collect, unless you turn the vacuum around with the risk of kinking the hose and eventually breaking it. Some users miss a bit more power as well, as it doesn’t pick up larger pieces of dirt, debris or similar, and the filter requires frequent maintenance. All in all, this is a great wet/dry vacuum for those in need of a compact and portable model, that is easy to use around the house or on different locations throughout the day.