Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact FH50700
|Water Tank Capacity||0.5 gal|
|Cord Length||20 ft|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact FH50700:
5 reasons to buy
- This carpet & upholstery cleaner is lightweight, which is a great feature for those who don’t want to carry around a large device.
- There seems to be general consensus that it’s easy to assemble, so you’ll get started quickly after unboxing it.
- Users also agree that it’s easy to fill and empty, so you’ll avoid spillage whenever you’re handling it.
- It does a good job on carpets, and the rotating brush seems to get down and deep into the fibres to loosen up dirt and hair.
- The size is somewhat equal to a regular upright vacuum cleaner, so if you’re used to that you’ll probably transition easily to this one.
5 reasons not to buy
- One of the most obvious disadvantages of a compact unit, is that it only covers a small area before it needs to be emptied/refilled.
- Apparantly the spray/suction functions will stop working with no alerts, if the dirty water-tank fills up. So you’ll have to keep an eye on it, and make sure you empty it before it fills up.
- The brush case doesn’t disassemble easily for cleaning, according to several users it’s a tedious process and you’ll need a screwdriver to loosen 5 screws before getting access to the brush and its compartment.
- Some users found it annoying that they couldn’t empty the dirty water tank entirely, but instead had a puddle left at the bottom. It would just sit there and start smelling over time, which isn’t nice.
- A few buyers thought it was very loud and had an annoying high pitched sound when being used.
The Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact FH50700 is, as the name suggest, a compact carpet cleaner designet to deal with smaller spaces. It works very well on area rugs, but is also suitable for large carpeted areas, because of how empty it is to empty and fill up. You’ll have to pay attention to the water level in the dirty water tank though, because it will stop working once it fills up, and there’s no beeping sound or light that indicates when its capacity has been reached. The cleaner assembles easily and is easy to use in general, but some users found it quite inconvenient to clean the brushes and maintaining it. Some buyers also felt annoyed by the high pitched sound when it’s turned on, but this is probably something you’ll get used to eventually. All in all, this carpet cleaner is a solid choice for those seeking a compact cleaner without too many bells and whistles. It performs great, and as such we’d recommend it for home owners that need a device for small areas (or don’t mind filling the water tank frequently).