iRobot Roomba 860
|Dust Bin Capacity||0.17 gal|
|Run Time (Appx.)||60 min|
|Recharging Time (Appx.)||120 min|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of iRobot Roomba 860:
5 reasons to buy iRobot Roomba 860
- This is an older model, yet according to most users, it is still very functional and efficient compared with newer models.
- Most users agree that it has a powerful suction, making it able to pick up most types of dirt, dust and debris along its path.
- Despite this being an older model, it is still equipped with a great lithium battery that will last longer than the cheaper nickel metal hydride battery.
- According to most buyers, it is quite gentle against obstacles, not bumping into them as hard as other models, which is probably caused by sensors being more sensitive on this model.
- Buyers also like the fact that is doesn’t come with a remote, since you don’t really need it after having programmed it to a regular schedule.
5 reasons not to buy iRobot Roomba 860
- While there is no remote control or app connectivity for this robot, it can only be controlled from its panel on top.
- The rotating brush has a tendency to get tangled up in long hairs, so you’ll have to pay attention to this on a regular basis.
- Some users had issues with the vacuum being so powerful, it would suck up cords and get helplessly stuck on them.
- Although it works great on hard floors, a few buyers had issues with it being unable to enter even thin carpets. It would either get stuck or bump into the carpet and change direction, meaning the won’t get cleaned.
- Some users found the customer service inadequate, which disappointed them since Roombas aren’t cheap.
The iRobot Roomba 860 is a great midlevel robot vacuum, that comes with a longlasting lithium battery that is known for being lightweight and suitable for frequent recharging. According to thousands of users it is quite powerful and works well on hard floors, but it seems to fall short on some types of carpeted areas, getting stuck along the edges or changing direction when bumping into the edge. The sensitive sensors are good for other purposes, though, as it doesn’t bump hard into obstacles, but instead stops immediately and changes direction without pushing its obstacles. It doesn’t come with any remote or app connectivity, meaning you have to control it from its top panel. All in all, despite being an older model, it is still quite powerful, and for the right price it is stil a great purchase.
Our Take On iRobot Roomba 860
Read more about iRobot Roomba 860 at the official website