iRobot Roomba 880
|Dust Bin Capacity||-- gal|
|Run Time (Appx.)||60 min|
|Recharging Time (Appx.)||120 min|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of iRobot Roomba 880:
5 reasons to buy iRobot Roomba 880
- This mid- to high level robot vacuum is praised by several users for being powerful and efficient on most floor types.
- It maps the rooms in an efficient way, making the vacuuming more and more efficient from time to time.
- Most users found the remote quite handy, and well worth the little additional cost.
- The robot vacuum is said to be very easy to use and maintain on a regular basis, making it the perfect main vacuum for daily use.
- Although the battery is of the cheaper NiMH-type, it makes the robot run for a long time before needing to recharge.
5 reasons not to buy iRobot Roomba 880
- Some users found the manual inadequate, leaving them unable to find answers on their questions or issues with the vacuum.
- The robot doesn’t maneuver easily in narrow spaces or around some types of furniture, and according to some users it can get stuck with no ability to escape on its own.
- A few buyers mention that it sometimes pass the virtual walls without even noticing their settings.
- While it is usually picking up most small types of dust and debris, it struggles with picking up balls of hair or some larger types of dirt and debris.
- A few users thought it was very noisy, and they couldn’t be in the room for too long, without getting annoyed by the noise level.
iRobot Roomba 880 offers improvements over its predecessor, the Roomba 860, yet it has been equipped with a cheaper NiMH battery which might not last as long as a lithium battery. It is said by most users to be very powerful and efficient on most types of floors, even carpets, which is quite an improvement. Its built in smart navigation system will eventually map out every room it goes through, finding the best routes and remembering them. It is quite easy to use as well, and comes with a remote to control it from a distance. On the other hand, some buyers thought the manual was just mediocre, since it didn’t explain all its features properly, and didn’t provide answers for their questions. It does maneuver better than cheaper models, yet can still get stuck in narrow spaces or between obstacles with no ability to escape on its own. It generally picks up dust quite well, however it tends to push balls of hair and larger pieces of debris in front of it, rather than picking it up. All in all, this is indeed a great robot vacuum in the higher midlevel, and it is worth considering if you’re in the market for a more powerful and robust model.
Our Take On iRobot Roomba 880
Read more about iRobot Roomba 880 at the official website