iRobot Roomba i7+
|Dust Bin Capacity||0.13 gal|
|Run Time (Appx.)||75 min|
|Recharging Time (Appx.)||120 min|
|Works With||Alexa / Google Assistant|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of iRobot Roomba i7+:
5 reasons to buy
- Users are thrilled about the functionality of the Clean Base, which makes the robot able to empty its own dust bin up to 30 times before the central dust bag needs to be replaced.
- Most users like the smart iAdapt 3.0 navigation system, which enables the robot to create a specific pattern, instead of just going in random directions each time.
- Users also think it is easy to use on a daily basis, as most functions are controlled directly through the app, or on the simple user interface on top of the robot itself.
- It works well underneath furniture too, where it easily gets under and cleans everything up.
- Users think it has a long run time, which causes fewer interruptions during each cycle.
5 reasons not to buy
- While most users like the functionality of the Clean Base, it bumps up the running cost due to the need of new replaceable bags every 1-2 months.
- Some users think the robot misses a few areas around the house, and some believe it is due to its round shape, and the rotating brush being too short to reach all the way.
- The long run time is unfortunately followed by a long charge time, which might be inconvenient if the robot needs more than one charge to finish the entire house.
- The capacity is said to be inadequate, which means it needs to empty itself quite often.
- A few users mention that it clogs easily, which means it might call for attention from time to time, because you have to manually deal with it.
The iRobot Roomba i7+ is the first robot vacuum able to empty itself, which means less work for you! In contrary to the cheaper i7, the i7+ comes with the Clean Base bundled in the package, and it is therefore able to empty its own dust bin up to 30 times without you having to do it. The Clean Base contains a filter bag similar to the ones in regular vacuums, so it won’t make a mess whenever it needs to be emptied. However, this also means it needs a bag replacement from time to time, which adds to the total running cost. Most users seem to agree that it’s worth the extra cost though, as it makes the robot vacuum significantly more convenient to use on a daily basis. It is also said to be quite efficient on most types of surfaces, and it maneuvers very well around the house. A few users noticed that it struggled to get into corners and narrow areas though, but this isn’t necessarily considered an issue. If you want one of the best robot vacuums out there, and don’t mind paying a bit extra for the added functionality, this robot is definitely for you.