Makita VT278PTX1 Combi-Kit
|Dust Bin Capacity||0.5 gal|
|Wet/Dry Vacuum?||Dry only|
|Power Rating||-- amps|
|Cord Length||-- ft|
|Product Width||9 in|
|Product Height||14.8 in|
|Product Depth||7.3 in|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Makita VT278PTX1 Combi-Kit:
5 reasons to buy
- This backpack vacuum is rich in features, and a great choice for the household wanting a complete solution for all thinkable tasks.
- The combo kit has everything you need to get started, and it even has 3 batteries included.
- The powerful batteries offer up to 90 minutes of run time, and they are interchangeable.
- Batteries support a large range of Makita power tools, so if you already own 18 Volt Makita products, you might even be able to use the included batteries for those as well.
- The vacuum has a remote control hanging on the belt strap, which makes it easy to turn it on or off.
5 reasons not to buy
- Due to the contents of this combi kit, the price is significantly higher than other models.
- Although it is a combo kit, you don’t get a lot of different accessories, and you have to make do with a simple crevice tool.
- While the remote control is deemed very practical, it might fall off if you bump into things, which leaves it dangling from the backpack.
- The steep pricetag might put some potential buyers off.
- If vacuuming larger areas, the dust bin might fill up quickly due to its limited capacity.
The Makita Combi-Kit is a great choice for those in search of a complete solution for many different tasks, who don’t want to limit themselves by an impractical power cord. This backpack vacuum requires 18 Volt Makita batteries to function, and luckily these batteries are compatible with lots of different tools as well. So if you already have Makita tools, you might even be able to use the same batteries for multiple tools, which might save you a ton of money. The vacuum itself is said to be efficient and easy to use, and it even has a remote control for turning the vacuum on or off. The remote control is hanging in a cord though, and it might fall off if you bump into things. The dust bin doesn’t hold more than .5 gallons of dust, which isn’t much, but more than anough for most needs. All in all, this is a very practical backpack vacuum for those seeking complete freedom and independence from power outlets.