|Water Tank Capacity||0.38 gal|
|Cord Length||15.7 ft|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of McCulloch MC1275:
5 reasons to buy
- This cleaning unit works for both carpets, stairs, upholstery, and much more, because it has lots of attachments included.
- The steam feature works quite well, and there’s no need to add a cleaning solution because the steam takes care of the sanitization.
- Because of the design you don’t actually have to handle anything besides the handle, because everything is located inside the canister that’s on wheels.
- Most users like the range of it, and praise it for the extra long range because of the design.
- It is powerful and holds enough water to cover large areas, which is great for those who wants a solution for the entire house.
5 reasons not to buy
- Because of the price there’s been cut a few corners, it is made of plastic and may not gives you the sense of high quality.
- Some users thought it was quite loud as well.
- There’s no way to rewind the cord or even wrap it around anything, so it has to be kept next to the unit and it gets tangles easily because of this.
- While this is a steam cleaner, you’d expect the attachments to hold up to the steam — but according to some users, this is not the case and some mention the nylon bristles start to bend after use.
- The steam doesn’t reheat quickly, so if you’re cleaning a large area you may need to take a few breaks in between in order ot make the steam hot again.
The McCulloch MC1275 is an affordable carpet and upholstery cleaner, and it works with steam so there’s no need to add any cleaning solutions or chemicals. The steam works quite well according buyers, and because of the design all the heavy parts are kept inside the canister which you just pull across the floor. That means no carrying or handling of a large/heavy unit, which is usually the case with upright cleaners. It is also powerful enough to properly clean most areas, but the downside is that it’s quite loud. Because of the price there has been cut a few corners, such as the overall build quality, with some users disliking the plastic parts and thinking they are too flimsy. The cord doesn’t retract either, and there’s nowhere to store it after wrapping it. You’ll simply have to leave the cord as is, which may cause it to tangle. All in all you’ll get a decent multi-purpose cleaner with this device, and if you like to clean your floors using nothing but steam, this could be the way to go.