Sanitaire TRANSPORT SC412B
|Dust Bin Capacity||1.5 gal|
|Wet/Dry Vacuum?||Dry only|
|Power Rating||8.5 amps|
|Cord Length||50 ft|
|Product Width||19 in|
|Product Height||33 in|
|Product Depth||10.5 in|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Sanitaire TRANSPORT SC412B:
5 reasons to buy
- Unlike other backpack vacuums the hose is pointing backwards, which means it doesn’t stick out to one side with the risk of bumping into objects on shelves, etc.
- There’s a useful handle on top of the canister, which makes it easy to carry the vacuum around.
- Users think the harness is very comfortable to wear, as it distributes the weight properly between your shoulders and hips.
- The cord is 50 feet long, so you’ll get a good reach without having to buy an additional extension cord.
- The suction is said to be quite powerful, and it works well on most surface types.
5 reasons not to buy
- The on/off switch is inconveniently located on the left side, so if you’re left-handed you have to switch the wand back and forth between your hands while turning the vacuum on or off.
- Several users found the connection between accessories and hose cumbersome, as they don’t lock into each other. It takes a bit of force to do it properly, otherwise they might fall off during use.
- Some users had bad experiences while vacuuming some carpet types, as it isn’t efficient enough to pick up hair and dust from inbetween fibers.
- Some users were annoyed by the fact that they can’t connect the accessories directly to the hose or a smaller adapter, making it impractical for use in smaller areas, in furniture, cars, etc.
- Although it’s a relatively compact unit in comparison with other models, it might get uncomfortable if carried for longer periods of time.
The Sanitaire TRANSPORT SC412B lives up to its name. It’s a more compact yet still efficient backpack vacuum, and it seems to work great for many different tasks. It’s easy to use and packs a lot of power, but unfortunately the connecting points between the hose and the accessories aren’t always working properly, and you might find it cumbersome to push the parts together for a tight lock. You get a very long 50 foot cord though, and the harness is said to be quite comfortable, although the vacuum might get a bit heavy if carried for longer periods of time. Especially when the dust bin starts reaching its capacity. It probably works best on hard floors with a few area rugs, and it is considered a good purchase for both commercial use and private use.