Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop S5003D
|Water Tank Capacity||7.4 oz|
|Cord Length||22.4 ft|
|Detachable Hand Unit||No|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop S5003D:
5 reasons to buy
- The Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop seems to be well designed, and therefore easy to assemble.
- It is also said to be quite efficient on tough stains, even dried-on foods are easily cleaned off with this steam mop.
- There are two cleaning pads included in the package, and they are double-sided so you’ll have a total of four sides to clean the entire house with.
- It does get quite hot, and most users are satisfied with its performance on low to medium settings, but for some floor types it is advised to use the high settings to clean them thoroughly.
- The mop doesn’t have high running costs either, because all it needs is a new cleaning pad once in a while. The pads included are washable too, so you don’t need to buy a lot of things to keep it running.
5 reasons not to buy
- Some users are annoyed with the cord being a bit short, so they’ll have to unplug and replug it into multiple power outlets in order to get around larger areas.
- According to some buyers, the steam mop is of a lower build quality, which means it broke after just a few months or less.
- Some tall people are complaining that it’s simply too short to be usable, because it doesn’t have a telescopic handle. So they’d have to bend down in order to reach the floors in a proper angle, and if you’re having trouble with your back, this isn’t recommended.
- There isn’t any beeping sounds or lights to show you when it’s heated up and ready to use, so you’ll have to guess it yourself.
- According to a few buyers, it is a bit hard to push over certain floor types.
The Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop is a very popular cleaning device, and for multiple reasons: It’s well designed and easy to assemble after unboxing it, and it works well on even the toughest stains around the house. It has two cleaning pads included, so you won’t have to buy extra or worry about it being worn out after a short period of time. Most users think it has plenty of performance while at the low or medium level, which in return gives you a longer reach without having to refill the water tank. Some caveats include a 22.4-foot cord, and some buyers think it’s on the short side and therefore has to be unplugged and replugged multiple times during use. Some users had issues with this steam mop breaking after a short period, and it might be caused by defective parts or an overall cheap/poor build quality. It does get the job done though, and overall we think it’s a great buy for those seeking an affordable yet efficient steam mop for small to medium-sized houses up to 2-/3,000 feet.