Shop-Vac Stainless Steel SS11-450
|Tank Capacity||5 gal|
|Cord Length||6 ft|
|Product Height||21 in|
|Product Length||14 in|
|Product Width||14 in|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Shop-Vac Stainless Steel SS11-450:
5 reasons to buy
- Users think this wet/dry vacuum is quite powerful, and is able to pick up most types of debris during use.
- Users also like its compact design, as it makes it easy to roll it around the house, and store it after use.
- The vacuum comes with a blower port as well, which makes it able to use as a leaf blower. This is convenient if you just want to clear an area rather than cleaning it thoroughly.
- Due to its castors, the vacuum rolls easily around the house on different types of surfaces.
- People are happy with the carriage handle on top of the vacuum, and its design makes it easy to lift up and carry around when needed.
5 reasons not to buy
- According to several users, the overall build quality is disappointing. The stainless steel body is made from a very thin sheet of steel, which is very likely to get dents from normal use.
- Some users also mention the attachment holder being placed where the blower port is, which might be inconvenient. The attachment holder is also said to be flimsy, and some users complain that it doens’t hold the tools in place very well.
- The vacuum needs an extension cord to function properly, as there’s only a 6 feet power cord included. This isn’t much, and some users recommend at least a 20 feet of extra cord, if you want an improved reach.
- A few users also mention the locking mechanism for the top. It appears as if it doesn’t lock the top properly into place, which might cause leaks from its sides during use.
- The cord is supposed to be wrapped around the attachment holder, but when the attachments are added, it’s difficult to remove the cord. This has apparantly been an issue with previous models too.
The Shop-Vac Stainless Steel SS11-450 receives mixed reviews, and users seem to agree that it has a few flaws in its design. Some think the overall build quality is disappointing, with the body of steel bending and getting dents too easily due to the shin layer of steel, and some also mention the attachment holder as a flimsy piece of plastic, that isn’t of much use. A lot of users are upset with the cord length as well, as it only includes a 6 feet cord. That means you’ll most likely have to buy an extention cord, and deal with having to plug it in before each use. Negatives aside, many users like how powerful the vacuum is, and it is also said to roll around the house easily, due to the quality of the castors. It also features a blower port, which however is inconveniently located just above the attachment holder, but it does its job, and helps you clear an area from dust, leaves, etc. All in all, this stainles stell vacuum seems like a great purchase at a reasonable price, but there might be other models out there at a similar price level, but with better overall ratings. Otherwise, this model might be worth a try.