|Dust Bin Capacity||0.11 gal|
|Run Time (Appx.)||150 min|
|Recharging Time (Appx.)||240 min|
|Connectivity||App / Remote Control|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Xiaomi Mi:
5 reasons to buy
- Most users are quite positively surprised by the performance of this Chinese developed robot vacuum.
- According to several buyers, the navigation system works very well, as the robot vacuum divides the room into squares, so it doesn’t just drive around in a seemingly random pattern.
- The different suction settings go from “Eco” to “Max”, making it possible to choose whether you want it to be nice and quiet, or efficient and powerful.
- Due to its large battery, it runs for several hours before needing to recharge. This makes it possible to clean a larger area at once.
- However, as most users noticed, the vacuum will pick up from where it left, if it needs to recharge in the middle of a cycle.
5 reasons not to buy
- According to a numerous amount of buyers, it doesn’t handle carpets very well, especially not if they have fringes. Sometimes it might even stop and display an error message that something got stuck and needs to be removed from the brushes manually.
- The vacuum is prone to get stuck in narrow spaces, and if it does, it only rarely manages to escape on its own.
- Since this is a Chinese robot vacuum, there might be a language barrier when trying to use the manual and vacuum. Most of the explanations are in Chinese by standard, with English instructions available on their website. This has been said by some users, however we haven’t been able to verify this ourselves.
- Some users missed having two rotating brush arms instead of just one in the side, since it takes longer to pick up dust and debris with only one brush arm.
- The dust bin is said by some users to be smaller than other similar priced robot vacuums, however we haven’t been able to verify this, as its capacity isn’t stated on their website.
The Xiaomi Mi is a highly advanced Chinese made robot vacuum with lots of features, however it is primarily made for the Chinese market, which means it comes with Chinese language out of the box. You can set this to English through the complimentary app, that also enables you to control the vacuum through your smartphone or tablet. Xiaomi Mi has positively surprised many users with its powerful suction and efficiency on most floor types, however it doesn’t handle carpets very well, especially not medium to high pile carpets, or carpets with fringes along their edges. It gets stuck from time to time like most other robot vacuums as well, with no ability to help itself out, however this depends on the interior design of your home. All in all, this is a great robot vacuum for those who want a highly technological and fun gadget, packed with features and a powerful suction.