97 Best Bagless Upright Vacuums of February 2019
Find the 97 best bagless upright vacuums, based on 105318 reviews
Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet
Bissell Powerlifter Swivel Pet 2260
Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet 2256
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Turbo 2475
Bissell Powerlifter Swivel Rewind Pet 2259
Shark Navigator Professional
Dirt Devil Power Max XL UD70181
Dyson Ball Multi Floor
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed
Shark Navigator Zero-M Lift-Away Speed
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed
Hoover REACT Powered Reach Lite UH73400
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus 2281
|Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet||Bissell Powerlifter Swivel Pet 2260||Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet 2256||Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Turbo 2475|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.23 gal||0.38 gal||0.26 gal||0.26 gal||0.2 gal|
|Power Rating||7.5 amps||9.5 amps||8 amps||8 amps||7 amps|
|Cord Length||30 ft||30 ft||30 ft||27 ft||27 ft|
|Automatic Cord Rewind||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|Weight||14.8 lbs||16.7 lbs||14.5 lbs||16 lbs||14.5 lbs|
No More Vacuum BagsIf you’re in the market for a new vacuum and want to know more about the pros and cons of getting a bagless upright vacuum, this guide is here to help you learn. The upright vacuum is considered a traditional vacuum and comes with or without bags. This guide is for the bagless. For people that want to be more environmentally conscious, having a bagless vacuum might be a great idea! The upright vacuum is a great choice as it typically has more suction power and a wider cleaning path, compared to other kinds of vacuums. So what are some of the things you should be looking for before you decide which model to buy?
Things to Consider Before Choosing:
- Dust bin capacity: Since it’s bagless, it’ll come with a bin for the dirt. Look for one that’s easy to empty and has a large bin, so you don’t have to empty multiple times during cleaning. But make it a habit to empty whenever you finish cleaning, as it’ll keep the filters nicer and lasting longer.
- Best attachments: Extension hose and narrow tool to get to those out of reach places and up higher without having to lift your vacuum. An upholstery brush is useful to vacuum furniture and other fabrics in your house.
- HEPA filters: High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) – is a filter that traps a large number of tiny particles that other vacuum cleaners would recirculate back in the air. For people that suffer from allergies, using a HEPA filter is definitely recommended.
- Cord length: Most Upright vacuums come with power cords, which makes them more powerful than ones with batteries. Look for one with a longer cord to avoid having to change outlet more than necessary!
- Accessory Storage: Many upright vacuums come with the accessories attached to the base of the vacuum, which makes it super handy and easy to get to if you need to change the attachment while vacuuming. If it does not come attached, an idea would be to designate a box somewhere for the attachments, so you don’t misplace or lose them.
- Weight and dimensions: The upright vacuum is one of the heavier ones, but since you don’t have to lift it, that doesn’t really matter. They average around 20 lbs. and the height is adjustable which is a major plus for taller people or if you suffer from back problems and want to avoid bending down while vacuuming.
- Price range: The price range for a bagless upright vacuum is between $100-$500. The range is very wide as there are so many options out there, but you can most definitely get a nice vacuum in the lower end of that range. The more expensive vacuums will most likely have more functions and gadgets as well as real HEPA filters.
Pros and Cons of a Bagless Upright VacuumPros:
- No need to bend down while cleaning
- More suction power than cordless
- Great on most surfaces
- Wider brush = wider cleaning path
- Can be loud
- Can be quite heavy
- Power cords are not always handy
- Can sometimes be harder to maneuver around and underneath furniture.