17 Best Hand Vacuums of February 2019
Find the 17 best hand vacuums, based on 62050 reviews
Shark ION W1 WV201
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 2390A
Dyson V7 Car+Boat
Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip SD20005
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 33A1
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster BDH2000L
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 1782
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster CHV1410L
Shark Rocket HV292
BLACK+DECKER Pivot Vac BDH2000PL
Shark Cordless Pet-Perfect II SV780
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster HHVI315JO42
Homasy Portable Handheld Vacuum
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster HNV220BCZ26FF
|Shark ION W1 WV201||Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 2390A||Dyson V7 Car+Boat||Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip SD20005||Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 33A1|
|Dust Cup Capacity||-- gal||0.19 gal||0.2 gal||-- gal||0.21 gal|
|Cord Length||-- ft||-- ft||-- ft||16 ft||16 ft|
|Max. Battery Run Time||10 mins||17 mins||30 mins||-- mins||-- mins|
|Wet/dry Vacuum?||Dry only||Dry only||Dry only||Dry only||Dry only|
|Wall Mount Included?||No||No||No||No||No|
|Weight||1.4 lbs||3.1 lbs||3.77 lbs||3.75 lbs||5 lbs|
A Great Vacuum for Small TasksAnyone with a handheld vacuum knows it doesn’t replace a bigger one but what a great addition it is to have! No longer will you need to drag a canister vacuum outside to clean your car, but simply use your handheld vacuum to get all the crumbs and dirt out of the tight corners and crevices of your car. It also makes a great tool to clean out your kitchen pantry and cabinets. The small size makes it lightweight and easy to keep out of sight.
Things to Consider Before Choosing
- Dust Bin Capacity – Because of the size, the handheld vacuum has limited capacity. Make sure to empty it after each use. Not only will it make room for the next time you clean, but it also allows the filters to last longer.
- Attachments – Most handheld vacuums will come with basic but useful tools such as the crevice tool and the upholstery brush to clean furniture, car seats and other fabrics. Some of the newer handheld vacuums will even come with a liquid nozzle to clean unexpected spills.
- Charging station – Look for one that is small and lets you hang your vacuum from it, making it a great tool for storing inside a cabinet or closet somewhere. You’ll need an electrical outlet nearby though, so keep that in mind. A tabletop charging station might work out as well, depending on how much space you have available and where you want to place it.
- Run time – Because it isn’t meant to replace your normal vacuum, the run time might not be too important to you. Most handhelds have an average run time of 15-40 minutes before having to return to the charging station. Most are made with Lithium-ion batteries, meaning charging it before it’s all the way low, won’t hurt the battery. Keep in mind the time it takes to charge fully is often around 6-8 hours. So make sure to make it a habit to return it to its charger base after each use.
- Weight and dimensions – A major advantage of a handheld vacuum is how lightweight it is. On average they weigh around 3 lbs. making it much lighter than any other kind of vacuum.
- Price Range – You can get a decent vacuum for around $30-$150 depending on your budget. If you choose one of the cheaper ones, just keep in mind they might not come with any attachments.
Pros and Cons of Handheld VacuumsPros
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Great for quick pickups and spills
- Most are cordless
- Easy to store
- Great for out of reach places
- Less power than regular vacuums
- Less capacity
- Corded handheld vacuums have limited reach
- Cordless vacuums have limited runtime